The hallmarks of quality, well-researched content can vary depending on the specific topic and audience, but some general characteristics might include:
- Providing accurate and up-to-date information: Quality content is based on accurate and reliable information. To ensure that your content is well-researched, you should verify your sources and double-check your facts.
- Being in-depth and comprehensive: Well-researched content goes beyond surface-level information and provides a detailed and comprehensive look at the topic at hand. Dig into the topic deeper than most. That’s what experts do…
- Using credible sources: Cite the experts! Quality content should be based on credible sources, such as academic journals, government websites, and reputable news outlets.
- Providing unique perspectives or insights: In addition to providing accurate information, quality content should also offer unique perspectives or insights that add value for the reader. It’s always a great strategy to drop links to other quality sources and Google search will lead you to those “authoritative” sources on any given topic.
- Being well-written and easy to understand: Well-researched content should be written in a clear and concise manner that is easy for the reader to understand. It should be free of typos, grammar errors, and other mistakes. Content that has several to many mistakes does not convey quality or expertise. With tools like spell check, Grammarly and more, there really is no excuse for publishing content riddled with mistakes.
Overall, the hallmarks of quality, well-researched content are accuracy, depth, credibility, uniqueness, and clarity. By creating content that meets these standards, you can help establish yourself as a trustworthy source of information and build your reputation as an expert in your field. Namely, building E-A-T online through your content strategy and quality execution and follow-through with promoting and syndicating it across multiple platforms and channels.
What does the term “best practices” mean?
The term “best practices” refers to a set of guidelines or recommendations that are considered to be the most effective or efficient way to achieve a particular goal. In the context of SEO, best practices are the recommended strategies and techniques for improving a website’s ranking and visibility in search engine results. These practices are based on the collective experience and expertise of SEO experts and are designed to help websites achieve the best possible results from their SEO efforts. Best practices can change over time as search engines update their algorithms and the digital landscape evolves, so it is important for SEO professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest best practices in their field.
About the Marketing Center of Excellence
The Marketing Center of Excellence is a community of marketers and agency owners that collaborate and provide leadership, best practices, research, support, training, software, and digital technology to help community members drive performance and scale their agencies.
For more information about the marketing podcast, visit The Marketing Center of Excellence website at https://themarketingcoe.com. The team can be reached by email at [email protected]
You can also listen to our podcast on Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and Podcast.co.